Health, Safety & Environment
Heath & Safety
It is Blackwater Diving’s commitment first and foremost in providing a safe working environment, ensuring the health and safety at all times of our employees and the clients in which Blackwater Diving provides services to. The ongoing responsibility in the safety of its diving operations entails the continuous training of its personnel, implementing programs, policies and procedures to facilitate for a safer Blackwater Diving operation. Striving for a safer work environment equals a more efficient and productive effort in providing clients the quality results needed to compete in today’s subsea market and into the future. Blackwater Diving’s steps in accomplishing this are:
- Blackwater Diving operations are in compliance with ADCI, USCG and OSHA regulations pertaining to commercial diving operations.
- New Employee Orientation/Training Program
- Short Service Employee (SSE)/Mentor Program
- BWD *Zero Tolerance Drug/Alcohol Policy
- Behavior/Personal Conduct Policy
- Personal Protective Equipment Assessment Policy
- Lockout/Tagout Procedures Policy
- Near miss Reporting/Assessment Program
- BWD Safety Meetings
- Safe Action/Task Specific Safety Assessments
- BWD Employee Safety Incentive Program
*In compliance and membership with both DISA and NCMS, following USCG and PHMSA DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing Guidelines in accordance with 49 CFR part 40
Blackwater Diving’s responsibility to the safety of its personnel and the means of achieving an accident free diving operation requires the ongoing training of its diving and marine employee groups. Safety Training includes:
• New Employee Orientation/Training
• Short Service Employee(SSE)/Mentor Training
• Personal Protective Equipment
• First Aid/CPR
• Blood Borne Pathogens
• Automated External Defibrillation
• Hearing Conservation
• Hazard Communications
• Rigging Safety
• Crane Operator
• Near Miss Assessment
• Supervisor Controlled Substance/Alcohol Awareness
Blackwater Diving’s core environmental strategy entails key elements such as employee training, impact assessment, project performance and evaluation. Blackwater Diving’s Environmental Policy and company goals set forth annually, insures that the company and its employees are responsible partners in the environment when conducting any operations.
• Blackwater Diving educates its personnel to work in a safe and efficient manner as to not allow its operations to negatively impact the environment.
• The company’s ongoing commitment to assessing project procedures, evaluating their possible impact to the environment and the continuous improvement of company policies.
• Blackwater Diving gaining compliance with the EPA in obtaining a company Vessel General Permit and protecting the environment by minimizing waste and emissions in its daily operations, complying with all state and federal regulations.
It is thru the efforts of both Blackwater Diving and its employees, striving to meet the company’s goals in protecting the environment in a safe and conservative daily operation.